List of the best business tools and business resources for entrepreneurs to help you run your business. Most of these are FREE and some are paid subscriptions with a free trial period. These are the exact tools I use to help my business run smoothly!
When you are an entrepreneur there never seems to be enough hours in a day to get everything done. The list of tasks that need to be completed seem ENDLESS! That is why is it essential to have the right business tools to make your workflow easier and more efficient.
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through any link. Read full disclosure here.*
I literally have used, tried or would recommend each of one of these business resources! So, without further ado, here are the top business tools and apps for entrepreneurs.
Best Business Tools & Business Resources
Get a Free Website
- Wix – Wix is a great website builder for beginners because it is simple to use. They have 100’s of free drag and drop templates to choose from. This allows you to design your website just how you want. Choose their free plan, or upgrade to one of their premium plans depending on what you need.
- Weebly – Another easy & free website builder is Weebly. A great choice for professionals that offer services. Weebly also has drag and drop templates, plus they offer useful tools to help you grow your ideal business.
- WordPress – WordPress is the software most bloggers use to create their own websites, including me. Unlike subscription-based websites, you completely own your blog. WordPress is 100% free, with no monthly fees ever! The only thing you pay for is your hosting provider. Which brings me to the next business tool.
- SiteGround – I did some research and read about how another blogger had such an amazing experience with SiteGround. She raved about their awesome customer service and how her website always loaded fast. I decided to take the plunge and sign up with SiteGround. And wow am I so glad I did!
SiteGround helped me to migrate my website over to their hosting company. Plus, unlike other hosting companies, their plans include SSL security and privacy protection for free. This is important for the security of your website. If you are one the fence about which hosting provider to go with, or you are looking for a new hosting company, SiteGround really is amazing!
- Bluehost – If you are just starting out then Bluehost is an affordable option to host your WordPress website on. They have plans that start at low as $3.95 per month and are also known for their great customer service support.
- Hostgator – Another affordable hosting company. They are always running specials for up to 60% off for new hosting plans.
Free Stock Images
- Unsplash – This is my favorite place for free stock photos and images to use on your website or for social media.
- Pexels – Another great place to get royalty free images for personal and commercial use.
- Pixabay – I feel like a lot of people don’t really know about this website. However, Pixabay has lots of high quality images & videos that you can use FREE!
Free Marketing Templates
- Canva – Oh sweet Canva! I cannot say enough great things about this graphic design company. Because I literally use it for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. They have templates that you can use to create your own social media posts, social media banners, YouTube thumbnails, marketing materials, and pretty much anything else you can think of. They have a free version that you can start using today and a Pro plan. I use the Pro plan because it includes more advanced tools, plus thousands of free high quality images and videos.
Free Graphics, Clipart, and Fonts
- Creative Fabrica – This is my number one place to find free graphics and fonts. They give away new freebies everyday!
- Creative Market – I like creative market for finding any type of creative fonts, marketing templates and product mockup images. This company updates their website with new free graphics and fonts every week.
- Design Bundles – Design bundles has really good specials on graphics, fonts and templates that you can buy as a bundle. They offer new free designs every week and $1 deals.
Social Media Scheduler
- Tailwind – If you are serious about increasing your traffic on social media and want to save time and energy, then Tailwind is a must! Stop manually uploading your social media posts…ain’t nobody got time for that. Save hours by scheduling out your social media posts in advance. I owe most of my blog success to this social media automation tool. It allows me to schedule my posts in advance and it even tells me the best times to post based off of user engagement. Get one month free by using my referral link: Sign Up Here
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is another social media scheduler that lets you plan out your social media posts in advance. They are more expensive than Tailwind, but they allow you to manage up to 10 social media accounts under their professional plan.
- Girl Boss Vibes Free Budget Planner – I don’t know how well you do with managing your finances. But I never saw profit from my business until I learned how to get my personal finances in order. First, I read the entire book by Dave Ramsey called The Total Money Makeover. Then I started tracking all my finances using a budget planner. Once I learned how to mange my personal finances, managing my business finances become much easier.
- QuickBooks – I’ve always used QuickBooks to handles my business accounting, but this year I switched to the QuickBooks simple start plan. Let’s just say I was missing out. The simple start subscription is perfect for entrepreneurs. What I like the most is that all my transactions from my credit cards, bank account, and PayPal are automatically uploaded into QuickBooks. This means NO more manual uploading income & expenses transactions. This makes my job so much easier….can I get an AMEN! Not to mention how much extra much time I save per month. QuickBooks has a free 30-day trial so you can try it before you buy it.
- FreshBooks – Is an accounting software that allows you to track your business finances and request payments from customers by sending them custom invoices. If you have a service-based business this could be a good choice for you.
- Logo Maker – Logo maker is a website that has thousands of FREE pre-made logos that you can choose from and customize to make it your own.
- Free Logo Services – Free Logo Services is a free website that allows you to pick from pre-made logo designs and customize it with your own text and brand colors.
- 48hourslogo – If you need a logo fast, 48hourslogo will have it to you in just 48 hours. Their prices start as low as $29 and top designers actually compete for your business.
Outsourcing & Virtual Assistants
- Upwork – Need some help? Find freelancers that offer services that can give you some extra support.
- Fiverr – Find all types of freelance services that start as low as $5 on this platform.
- 99 Designs – On this website you will find freelancers that offer branding services, custom logo services and much more.
- Mailerlite – This is the first email software that I ever used and I have no complaints. It is efficient and helped me to grow my email list. They have a free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers. MailerLite is an excellent business resource for those just starting to grow their email list.
- Convertkit – To be honest this one took me awhile to decide to purchase. I was being cheap and the $29 per month sounded super expensive to me. Plus, I had so many other monthly expenses that I was paying for. But, investing in ConvertKit was sooooo worth it! There software allows me to set up email sequences, which allows me to put my emails on autopilot. ConvertKit also comes with lots of pre-made email templates. These templates allow me to just plug in my information, images, schedule a time and the email will automatically be sent. If you have less than 1,000 subscribers per month, ConvertKit it is absolutely free! The only con is you cannot set up email sequences on the free plan.
- Mailchimp – You can get free email marketing service with Mailchimp for up to 2,000 subscribers. Lots of people use this service to build an email list when they are just getting started.
Free File Sharing & Storage
- DropBox – A free file storage cloud that lets you upload your documents and access them from anywhere.
- Google Drive – This file sharing services lets you store your files and documents for free. They have a great mobile app you can download. This way you always have access to your documents across all your devices.
- GotPrint – Want to print your business cards and marketing materials for super cheap?…then try GotPrint. You can get 500 business cards starting at only $8.50. Also, customize your own banners, brochures, signs and more.
- PrintGlobe – Have your own promotional products made at PrintGlobe. Put your brand on all types of items such as drinkware, bags, pens, journals . This company has soooo many options.
Spelling & Grammer Checker
- Grammerly – I use this tool to check the spelling and grammar of my blog posts before publishing. It’s awesome to have a second set of eyes. Grammerly has a free plan and a paid premium version if you plan to publish a lot of content.
Cheap Domain Names
- GoDaddy – I use GoDaddy to purchase all of the domain names I’ve ever used since the beginning of time. But seriously…I’ve been blogging for years and I have owned a lot of websites. For each website I’ve used GoDaddy to purchase my domain names. Mainly because the are affordable, they have 24/7 customer service and I have personally never had any issues with them.
- Namecheap – Here is another popular website to purchase domain names from. This company is well-known and you can purchase domains for as low as $0.99.
More Business Tools & Business Resources You May Find Useful
- BlueChic Themes – I have been eyeing these feminine WordPress themes by BluChic for awhile. What I love the most is you can pay a set-up fee and have them install your theme to look just like the demo within 24 hours. Then all you have to worry about is adding your own content.
- Envato Elements – Great place to get product mockup templates, video templates, presentation templates, stock music and so much more!
I hope that you found this list of business tools and business resources helpful. Make sure to bookmark this page to your favorites. This list will get updated regularly as I find more useful tools that will save you time and energy. Did I miss anything? Share with the community by leaving a comment below!
More helpful articles:
Was this list useful? Share the LOVE by sharing this pin!