Do you want to learn how to edit canva templates? Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to customize your Canva templates just the way you like.
Before starting, if you have never used Canva before or purchased social media templates from our online store or Etsy Shop, then you will need to register for a FREE Canva account to edit your files. You can sign up for free using the link below.
If you already have a Canva account and just want to learn how to edit Canva templates, then keep reading. This simple guide will help you learn your way around the software.
Important!: You can add and edit the text, change the colors, and upload your own images using the FREE Canva plan. However, to use some of the premium images, videos, and special effects that Canva offers you will need a Canva Pro account. You can try Canva Pro for free for 30 days by using this link: 30-day Free Trial.
How to Edit Canva Templates
How To Add or Edit Text in Canva
- Click on the template you want to add text to.
- From the right-side menu click on the text icon.
3. Then click on the text to add it to the template.
4. You can change the font style, font color, and size using the top menu bar.
5. If you are trying to edit text that is included on your template, first click on the text element you want to edit. Then use the top menu to change the font style, color and size.
Change the Colors of Your Canva Templates
- Click on any element that you want to change the color of. In the example below, I clicked on the entire template because I want to change the background color.
2. Then from the top menu click on the color element.
3. Next select the color you would like to change it to.
Upload Your Own Elements and Photos
- From the right side menu click on “uploads” and then select “upload media”
2. Choose “device” and then find and select the file you want to upload.
3. Finally drag and drop your element into your template.
4. Repeat these steps if you want to add more images and graphics.
Delete an Element
- Click on the element that you want to delete.
- Then click on the trash icon from the top menu.
How to Download Your Templates
- When you are ready to download your design. Hit the download button located in the right corner of the top menu.
- From here you can select the “file type” you want to download the file as. If you have multiple templates, you can also select which pages you want to download.
Canva has so many different options to customize your designs, feel free to play around to see what creative ideas you can come up with.
That’s it! We hope that you found this tutorial super helpful. Don’t forget to check out our online store for social media templates like in the images. We offer matching social media posts, Instagram highlights, Instagram stories, editable logos, and more to come. So make sure to save our shop to your favorites!