If you want to learn how to make an extra $1000 per month then check out these 12 best side hustle ideas of 2022. Side hustles are creative ways to make more money while still maintaining your regular income source.
Are you barely making enough income to make ends meet? Or maybe you have other goals or things that you want to accomplish. This is where having a side hustle comes in. Earning additional income apart from your main job or business is a great way to gain financial freedom. Plus, if you have some spare time why not use it to increase your account balance. Let’s dive deeper into “what is a side hustle?”
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through any link. Read full disclosure here.*
What is a Side Hustle?
Side hustles are those extra streams of income that make money apart from your mainstream of income. They are usually supplementary ways of boosting your earnings. You can do them with your spare time and are usually less demanding than your regular job Almost, anything that makes you money can be considered a side hustles if it is not your main source of livelihood.
Why Do You Need A Side Hustle?
These days, having just one source of income is a considered high risk. Especially now! If there is anything that this quarantine has taught us, it is that you can no longer depend on a 9-to-5 regular job. There is NO more job security. That is why it is super important to have multiple streams of income.
Even if you are a business owner, having multiple streams of income is a good idea. This will ensure that when times are hard you still have other sources of money coming in to supplement for the decrease. This will also provide you with a feeling of financial security and less stress.
Why is it important to have multiple streams of income?
Here are some 5 good reasons why you should seriously consider having multiple streams of income.
- Financial security. When you have extra income coming in there is satisfaction and peace knowing that you have enough to cover your necessary expenses. Also, it is comforting to know you have the funds to cover emergencies and unforeseen expenses.
- More income to invest. Extra bucks from side hustles can make more cash available for investment and savings. You could miss out on some big opportunities if you do not have enough money available at the right moment.
- Monetize spare time: Instead of sleeping or watching Netflix with your free time, you can find ways to make an extra $1000 per month.
- Learn new skills or improve existing ones. Looking for new ways to increase your income can lead you to learning new and valuable skills.
- Find your passion. I used to hate my main job, but it was necessary to pay my bills. However, I was able to turn my passion for blogging into my main source of income. This is a perfect example of how a side hustle can turn your passion into profit.
If you are ready to start brainstorming some side hustle ideas then check out our list below of creative ways to make money online.
Best Side Hustle Ideas for 2022
One the most common questions I get is “can you still make money from blogging?” And, the answer is YES! Blogging is still a very lucrative business. However, do not be mistaken. Just like any other business model it can be a lot of upfront work.
- Featuring Ads. One of the ways that people make money from blogging is by adding ads their website. Once you start to build traffic to your website you can use ad companies such has Google Adsense or MediaVine to place ads onto your site. The more ads you get in front of your visitors the more money you can make.
- Affiliate Links. Another way blogs make money is through affiliate links. Every time you suggest a product to your audience and someone clicks through and makes a purchase you can earn a commission. Just make sure you only suggest products that you actually have used or feel will be of value to your readers.
- Sponsored Blog Posts. You can also sell sponsored blog posts. If you do not want to display ads on your website, then offering sponsored blog posts may be a great option for you. How a sponsorship works is a company pays you to talk about their product on your blog to your readers. As your blog grows sponsors may begin to reach out to you. There are also platforms such as IZEA.com and Activate where you can connect with sponsors that are looking for bloggers to feature their products and services.
2. Social Media Management
Do you enjoy posting to social media? Then social media management may be for you! Companies and individuals invest a lot of money into building their online presence. Whether the goal is to increase brand awareness or sales. Social media is an important tool for growing businesses.
Here is a list of ideas of the type of services you can offer as a social media manger.
- Write and create social media content.
- Schedule and post social media posts.
- Manage and grow social media accounts.
If this sounds something you may be interested in, you can invest in taking one or two online courses through Udemy to increase and learn new skills.
3. Selling Digital Products
Digital products are another side hustle idea. Some examples of digital products include stock photos, ebooks, audio books, and online courses. This is an extremely attractive business model because once you do all the hard work creating your products, they can then be sold over and over again. Plus, because they are delivered electronically, you never have to hold any inventory. This means you can continue earning money by re-selling the same products multiple times. You can sell your digital products on your own website or marketplaces like, Amazon, Etsy and eBay.
4. Online Tutorials
If you have a skill for teaching others how to do something then online tutorials may be a good choice for you. The internet has opened up so many options that you can literally teach anything online. There will always be a need for online tutorials because there will always be students who are willing to pay to learn a new skill.
Here are some examples of how you can use your teaching skills to make an extra $1000 per month.
- Create a course on Udemy.com
- Upload How-To Videos on YouTube and build your community. Once you build up enough subscribers you can apply to monetize your YouTube channel with ads.
- Register to teach classes on Skillshare
- Offer tutoring sessions on Tutorme.com
5. Freelance Writing
Apart from writing and selling e-books, you can also write articles for bloggers and websites. Like a lot of the other creative ways to make money, the beauty of offering freelance writing is that you can schedule work according to your own schedule.
3 Places To Offer Your Freelance Writing Skills:
6. Rent Your Car
Don’t just let your car just sit in the parking lot accumulating dust, when you could be be cashing in on some dough. With great apps like Turo and Getaround, you can easily make extra cash by renting your car. You can earn from $500 and upwards a month if your car is top quality and in perfect working condition.
Turo even offers you some level of security over your vehicle, so you don’t have to worry too much about possible damage or theft. You also get to choose when you are available and the level of usage for your car.
7. Rent Out Your Home or Spare Room
Real estate is one of the most practical ways of making passive income. If you own property that is vacant or have an spare room, then why not rent it out. There are will always be people that need a place to stay.
One of the most popular options for renting out your home or extra space is to list your property on Airbnb.com. With Airbnb, you decide what kind of guests you want to host and set your own prices. Surprisingly, you are not required to pay fees to list your home. They do however collect a service fee of at least 3% for every reservation.
8. Sell Items on eBay
Wait…before you put another thing in the trash! If you have items that are in great condition, consider selling them on eBay.com. Your used items may be worth more money than you think.
eBay is an online marketplace where you can sell used appliances, clothing, electronics, collectibles and almost anything else you can think of. If you are good at finding great deals you can even take it a step further and do retail arbitrage. This is where you scout great deals and then re-sell it on eBay for higher profits. There are people seriously making six figures or more on eBay using this exact business model. Just make sure to always use high quality photos and detailed product descriptions.
9. Become An Instagram Influencer
Turn your Instagram account into an extra $1000 per month by becoming an Instagram influencer. If you have a decent number of followers and get good engagement on your posts, then this might be a good side hustle idea for you.
One misconception is that you must have 20,000 followers or more on Instagram to make money with your account. However, that is not the case anymore. Companies are looking for accounts that get high user engagement such as likes and comments to advertise their products. They want to see that your following is interacting with your posts. This means there is a higher chance that they may get sales from your followers because they trust your suggestions.
Now understand this type of income stream does not happen overnight. You must be serious and willing to put in the work. This means posting consistently and reaching out to different brands letting them know your interest in collaborating. Eventually, you can land your first sponsored Instagram post. The more brands that you collaborate with, the higher you can increase your prices over time.
10. Drive For Uber or Lyft
If you like to drive and have a working car, then sign up to be a driver for Uber or Lyft. The demand for this side hustle idea is definitely growing. Not everyone has a car, and cabs are becoming a thing of the past. Plus, working with companies like Uber gives you the opportunity to work on your own schedule. You can choose to late work nights or early in the mornings, turning the app on and off is a simple click of a button.
11. Sell Homemade Products
Do you make your own products or crafts at home? Then try selling them on an online platform made for handmade sellers such as Etsy. It’s amazing how many people prefer homemade products versus store brought goods. There is a wide variety of items you can sell such as cosmetic products, soaps, lotions, jewelry, and so much more.
Turn your love for photography into an income stream by selling your photos online. Selling photos is a very lucrative business. Lots of companies and websites are constantly looking for stock images to include in their articles and to use for advertising.
Here is a list of 3 places to sell your photos online:
Side Hustle Ideas Overview
In today’s economy no job is guaranteed so never put all your eggs into one basket. It is important to diversify your income and have multiple streams of income. Think beyond your regular income source and find creative ways to make money so that you earn an extra $1000 or more per month. Your only limit is your mind. Who knows? Your side hustle idea could turn into your main!
If you found this article helpful, then don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly newsletter below to get the latest tips and freebies sent straight to you inbox. Are you ready to level up and start making some extra cash?
Other Articles You Will LOVE!
- How To Set Goals and Achieve Them
- How To Save Money & 20 Top Money Saving Tips
- Free Printable Daily Planner
If you found this article helpful, share the love by sharing this pin! ❤