Time management tips to help you prioritize and set your day up for success. Plus, get 2 free time management pdf worksheet downloads. You will receive a printable daily and weekly planner template.
It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is stressful trying to manage work or run a business, keep up with your household, and make time for family. You will be lucky if there is any time left over for yourself.
We are going to discuss some of the best time management techniques to help you take control of your day. You will learn how to effectively manage your time, so that you can enjoy more of your life.
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through any link. Read full disclosure here.*
What Is Time Management?
Time management is the way you decide to use your time. It starts from the time you wake up in the morning to get ready. It includes your daily tasks, going to work, school, and finishing daily chores.
There is a difference between good and bad time management.
Good Time Management
Good time management is organizing your time in a way that you are productive and able to complete tasks in an efficient time frame. Effective time management will make you feel empowered and accomplished as you continue to complete tasks.
Bad Time Management
Bad time management is making poor use of your time. One common cause of bad time management is not planning out your tasks in advance or allocating enough time to get those tasks done. Bad time management can leave you feeling rushed and stressed out. You will feel unaccomplished and hopeless. Often making you want to give up and shut down.
Examples of Bad Time Management
–Showing up late to work. Do you hit the snooze button on your alarm in the morning? How many times has this made you late for work? As you find yourself rushing to get to work on time you start to feel stressed and anxiety.
–Bad eating habits. Not managing your time properly leaves less time to plan out your meals. This causes bad eating habits. You will be more inclined to eat what’s fast and convenient. These are usually the foods that are most unhealthy. This includes going to drive thru’s or ordering delivery. Now you are not eating healthy and wasting money.
–Paying Bills Late. Depending on how late you pay your bills, this bad time management technique can be the worse! Have you ever been late paying a utility bill? This could put a quick end to your heat or lights. How about being late on rent or mortgage? The minimum late charge for most credit cards is $35!
If this sounds like you, don’t worry because everyone struggles with finding the right balance between good and bad time management. Just keep reading because we have some tips to help solve your problems.
What is the best way to manage your time?
Learning effective time management tips is very important to take control of your life because it will give you more time to do the things that you actually enjoy. For example, spending more time with your friends and family. Another example is enjoying more time for yourself, you deserve it! You will feel less stressed and more positive. As a result, everyone will benefit from your new time management techniques.
Now let’s discuss how to manage your time effectively.
What are the top 10 time management tips?
- Plan ahead. Set yourself up for success by planning your next day in advance. Tips that can help include setting an alarm at night, laying out your clothes, packing a lunch, and putting your purse or wallet by the door.
- Make a to-do list. Using a time management worksheet helps you to be organized. It will keep you on track to accomplish your tasks and goals for the day.
- Limit your time on social media. We can all agree that social media it is time consuming. Give yourself a time limit to check your social media. Allow yourself to check your page 2-3 times a day for 10-15 minutes each time. After you reach your daily limit, get off and focus on something else. If you own a business, use a social media scheduler like Tailwind. It will allow you to schedule your social media posts in advance. This way they will automatically post without you having to manually upload them.
- Plan your meals in advance. Meal prepping will save you time and energy. Choose one day out of the week to do your grocery shopping and pre-cook all your meals. Next, use freezer-safe meal prep containers to store the meals you don’t plan to eat within the next couple of days. Total game changer!
- Create a cleaning list. Create a cleaning list with 1-2 cleaning tasks you can do each day. This will make cleaning less overwhelming.
- Prioritize Your tasks. Get important tasks done first. These are usually the most time consuming or annoying. This way as you get burnt out throughout the day you will only have easier tasks left to complete.
- Stop procrastinating. It’s crazy the amount of time we spend putting off stuff that we don’t want to do. This causes stress and anxiety. Focus on what steps you need to take to accomplish the goal, and less on perfection.
- Create weekly goals. Creating goals for yourself will help you to stay focused on what you are ultimately trying to accomplish. Use these free goal setting worksheets to help you map out your week ahead.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Giving yourself enough time to sleep at night is important for your mental and physical health. Being well rested will provide the energy you need to stay on track and tackle the day ahead.
- It’s okay to say NO. Telling people no is okay if those requests don’t always align with your morals, you are too tired, don’t have the time, or you just don’t want to. Sometimes saying no is the best time management technique to take back control of your life.
What is a time management worksheet?
A time management worksheet helps you to manage how you spend your time throughout the day.
Free Time Management PDF
Use this free pdf download to help you track how much time you spend on each task. You can use it to save time and be more productive.
Free Printable Worksheets
Now it’s time to get your FREE time management planner downloads! It includes 2 different versions, a daily planner template and a weekly planner template. They both are available in PDF format US letter size (8.5×11 inches). To download click the “download now” button below, then print as you normally would. Enjoy!
If you need a more in depth productivity planner then you will love the Smart Planner Pro. It has everything you need to plan out your entire year, plus additional sections for goals, happiness, and gratitude. Practicing these time management tips is like giving yourself a huge reward because you will gain back precious time. Then, you can put your time towards things you WANT to do! Let us reward you with these additional FREE downloads!
- How To Set Goals and Achieve Them
- Free Budgeting Worksheets 2022
- Glow Up Tips & Checklist for Boss Babes
- Best Business Tools & Business Resources For Entrepreneurs
♥Let’s be Friends♥
Follow us on Pinterest